0.1M Sodium Nitrate Preparation and Standardization of volumetric solution as per USP:
Preparation of 0.1M Sodium Nitrate:
- Take 1000ml of volumetric flask or bottle.
- Add 6.9g of sodium nitrate into it.
- Dissolve the sodium nitrate in sufficient water and dilute up to 1000lml of water.
Standardization of 0.1M Sodium Nitrate:
- Dry the USP Sulfanilamine RS at 105°C for 3hrs.
- Weigh about 500mg/0.5g of USP Sulfanilamine RS.
- Transfer into the suitable beaker.
- Add 20ml of hydrochloric acid and 50ml of water.
- Stir the solution until dissolved and cool to 15°C.
- Maintaining temperature at about 15°C, titrate slowly with sodium nitrate solution.
- Determine the end-point electrometrically, using a platinum-calomel electrode or platinum-platinum electrode.
17.22mg of sulfanilamide is equivalent to 1ml of 0.1M sodium nitrate.
Calculation formula of 0.1M Sodium Nitrate:
Molarity of Sodium Nitrate = W / 172.2 x V
Safety Instructions of Sodium Nitrate:
- Sodium Nitrate is very hazardous in case of eye contact (Irritant), ingestion, or inhalation.
- Hazardous in case of skin contact.
- Prolonged exposure may result in skin burns and ulcerations.
- Overexposure by inhalation may cause respiratory irritation.
- Severe over-exposure can result in death.
- Inflammation of the eye is characterized by redness, watering, and itching.
- How to prepare 0.1N HCl in pharma?
- Preparation and standardization of 1N NaOH
- What is a clinical trial in pharma?
- What is Phase 0 clinical trial in pharma?
- Why is Data integrity important in pharma?
Refer YT Channel: Pharmabeejpro