Procedure for How To Prepare 0.1M HCl Solution
In the market 37% of HCl is available, on the basis of that molarity calculation has been done as follows;
Dilute 370ml of HCl into 1000ml of distilled water (37%).
The density of HCl is 1.19 g/l
The molecular weight of HCl is 36.5
370 x 1.19 = 440.3 g/l
Therefore the Molarity of HCl is,
440.3 / 36.5 = 12.0630 M or 12 M.
To prepare the 0.1M HCl solution needs to calculate the required quantity of HCl.
According to the formula,
M1 V1 = M2 V2
0.1 x 1000 = 12 x V2
V2 = 0.1 x 1000/12 =8.3333 ml.
Therefore, 8.3 ml of 37% HCl in 1000 ml of water is required to prepare a 0.1M HCl solution.
How to prepare 1M HCl solution:
Diluted 83 ml of 37% HCl in a 1000 ml of volumetric flask and diluted with water up to the mark.
According to your requirement, you can prepare the solution by diluting the higher concentration to the lower concentration.
How to prepare 0.1M HCl Solution:
- Take a dried and cleaned 1000 ml volumetric flask and add 100 ml of water.
- Add 8.3 ml of concentrated Hydrochloric acid.
- Make up the volume up to the mark with water and mix the solution thoroughly.
Or, can be prepared from 1 M HCl.
- Take a 100ml of 1M HCl into 1000 ml of volumetric flask.
- Diluted up to the mark with water and mixed well.
Hope your query is resolved for the How To Prepare 0.1M HCl Solution.
- How to prepare 0.1M NaOH solution
- What are GAMP 5 Software Categories?
- SOP for pH meter calibration
- HPLC Interview Question and Answers
- What is form 482-483 and 484
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulation (E-CFR)
For interview preparation refer
YT channel: Pharmabeejpro