Preparation Of 2 N Sulfuric Acid:
Preparation of 1 N Sulfuric acid:
Preparation of 1 N sulfuric acid and lower concentration solutions can be prepared by referring to the below table:
|Strength of volumetric soln.||Quantity of Sulfuric Acid in mL||Makeup with water in mL|
Standardization of Sulfuric acid:
95% V/V Alcohol: Mix 95 ml of absolute alcohol with 5 ml of water.
Bromocresol green solution: Dissolve 50mg of Bromocresol green in 100 ml of ethanol (95%).
- Dry the Tromethamine at 105°C for 3 hrs.
- Cool to room temperature and crush it.
- Weigh accurately about 10gm of dried Tromethamine in 50 ml volumetric flask.
- Add 2 ml of bromocresol green solution.
- Titrate the solution with sulfuric acid.
- The pale yellow color will produce at the end point.
Calculation of 1 N sulfuric acid solution:
Calculation of Normality of 1N sulfuric acid solution can be done by the following formula;
W x 1000
Normality of 1 N Sulfuric acid = —————–
121.14 x V
Alternate preparation of 0.01 N Sulfuric acid:
Preparation: Transfer 10 ml of 1 N sulfuric acid volumetric solution to a 1000 ml of volumetric flask and dilute to volume with water.
Standardization: Weigh accurately about 0.05g of Tromethamine dried and dissolve to 50ml with water.
Perform Potentiometric Titration due to lower concentration.
Titrate 0.01 N Sulfuric acid solution potentiometrically by using pH glass electrode.
Refer to the above-mentioned formula for the preparation of 1 N Sulfuric acid.
- Preparation of 1N NaOH as per USP
- Preparation of 0.1N HCl
- Principle of QC Instruments
- OOS Investigation checkpoints
- HPLC Calibration parameters
- KF Interview Question & Answer
- What is difference between Form 482, Form 483 and 484
Refer YT Channel: Pharmabeej