SOP for Operation and Calibration of Air Flow Meter:
To lay down a procedure for operation and calibration of Air Flow meter.
This SOP covers the operation and calibration of air flow meter.
Analyst: For Operation of the instrument
QC Head/Designee: For Compliance of the procedure
4. Operating Procedure Air flow meter:
- The Air flow meter consist of; Flow Meter DFM 2000, A Suitable Flow Adaptor, Connecting Tube
- Connect the air flow meter power adaptor to main power supply.
- Ensure that there is un-interruptible stabilized power supply to the instrument.
- The inlet of flow meter is kept open to the atmosphere.
- Switch on the flow meter. The on/off switch is located at near side of flow meter.
- The outflow of flow meter is connected to test apparatus using a connecting tube and a suitable flow adaptor. Flow direction can be identified by arrow mark on back panel.
- Flow rate is displayed on the LCD panel.
- Flow rate can be set from 0 to 20 L/Min.
5. Calibration of Air flow meter:
1. Calibration has been performed by external agency.
2. After approval of calibration document, if calibration complies, affix a Calibration of instrument/Equipment label on the instrument and update the relevent details indicating the status as “Passed”.
3. If the calibration has failed, then update the status label with the calibration status as “Failed”
4. Do not use the instrument and raise an incident and investigate it.
5. Get the instrument serviced by relevant service providers.
6. Calibration Frequency of Air Flow Meter:
Calibration frequency is once in a year or suggested by the service engineer.
7. Safety Precautions for Air Flow meter:
- Wear nose mask, goggles and hand gloves while using the instrument.
- The flow meter must be carefully handled since it contains sensitive electronics which may get damaged due to sudden movements or impacts.
- The flow meter must be switched off during cleaning. Use clean, dry compressed air to remove contamination from the sensor.
- Cover the ends of the flow tubes with the provided caps to prevent dust and foreign matter from entering the tube when not inn use.
For interview preparation refer
YT channel: Pharmabeej