Why Quartz cuvette is used in UV spectroscopy?
There are different cuvettes are used for different purposes in UV spectroscopy. A quartz cuvette is one of the cuvettes used in UV spectroscopy for solution concentration measurements.
The reason why quartz cuvette is used in uv spectroscopy? is given below;
- Quartz cuvettes are used in UV spectroscopy due to the transparent nature of the cuvette to the UV light which does not absorb it.
- Quartz is a type of silica (SiO2) and it has the ability for high transmission in the UV-Visible region of the spectrum. High transmittance ability, makes it suitable for UV spectroscopy measurements.
- Quartz are very durable and easy to clean, which makes them suitable for regular use in analytical laboratories.
- Quartz cuvettes have a low thermal expansion coefficient that is useful in high-temperature measurements and thermal cycling as well.
- Quartz cuvettes have a chemical resistance nature to most of the solvents used in UV or in sample preparation.
- How to prepare 0.1N HCl in pharma?
- How to prepare 0.025N Silver Nitrate in pharma?
- HPLC Interview Question and Answers
- Dissolution calibration in pharma
- Preparation and standardization of 1N NaOH
- What are GAMP 5 software categories?
- What is a Phase 0 clinical trial in pharma?
- Understand 14 ICH guidelines in short
- What is Normality in Pharmaceuticals?
- What is molality in pharmaceuticals?
Refer YT Channel: Pharmabeejpro