UV-Visible Spectrophotometer Do’s And Don’ts
Multiple instruments are used in pharmaceuticals. The UV-Visible spectrophotometer is one of the widely used instrument in the pharmaceutical quality control department.
There are some do’s and don’ts for all instruments, likewise UV-visible Spectrophotometer do’s and don’ts are there.
UV-Visible Spectrophotometer Do’s And Don’ts:
UV-Visible Spectrophotometer Do’s:
- Ensure the instrument is clean before use, including the surrounding area.
- Check the calibration status of the instrument before proceeding for analysis.
- Switch the correct wavelength in photometric mode as defined in the standard testing procedures (STP)
- Select the mode (Photometric or Spectrum) as per the defined procedure in STP and check for instrument method parameters like measuring mode, scanning range, scan speed, No. of scans etc.,
- Ensure baseline correction by keeping blank solution in both cuvettes.
- The analytical solutions should be carefully transferred into the cuvette and other surface of the cuvette should be wiped out with the help of lint free tissue to get an appropriate measurement and thus avoiding errors.
- Ensure no air bubbles are presents inside the cuvettes and fibres stick to the surface.
- Allow the cuvettes to dry naturally, after cleaning keep the cuvettes in specified box in such a way that its optical surface does not touch the box.
UV-Visible Spectrophotometer Don’ts:
- Do not use system, when system is beyond calibration due date.
- Do not use the system, when system under calibration.
- Do not share the user privileges and system password.
These are common UV-Visible spectrophotometer do’s and don’ts that are need to keep in mind while operating the system.
Rejected batches in Pharmaceutical industry
HPLC Interview Question and Answer
For Interview Preparation Refer: Interview
For interview preparation refer
YT channel: Pharmabeej