Preparation of 1N Ethanolic Potassium Hydroxide:
Dissolve 1 gm of phenolphthalein in 100ml of alcohol (95%).
Mix 95 ml absolute alcohol with 5ml of water.
Preparation Of 1N Ethanolic Potassium Hydroxide:
- Dissolve 68gm of potassium hydroxide in 20ml of water.
- Add aldehyde-free ethanol to make 1000 ml.
- Allow the solution to stand in a tightly stoppered bottle for 24 hrs.
- Quickly decant the clear supernatant into a suitable tight container.
For lower strengths follow below-given table:
|Strength||Quantity of KOH (in g)||Addition of Water (in ml)||Mae up with aldehyde-free ethanol (in ml)||Reference|
Standardization of Ethanolic Potassium Hydroxide (KOH):
- Accurately measure about 25ml of 1N Hydrochloric acid VS.
- Dilute with 50ml of water.
- Add 2 drops of phenolphthalein solution.
- Titrate the solution with 1N Ethanolic potassium hydroxide solution.
- The permanent pink color is produced.
Calculation of Ethanolic Potassium Hydroxide (KOH):
Normality of Ethanolic KOH = 25 x N / V
- N=Normality of Hydrochloric acid
- V= Volume of Potassium Hydroxide consumed in ml.
- Karl Fischer Titration Interview Question and Answer
- HPLC Interview Question and Answers
- Gas Chromatography Interview questions and answers
- HPLC Calibration Parameters in pharma
- Dissolution calibration in pharma
- How to Do Calibration of FTIR Spectrophotometer?
- How to prepare 0.1N HCl in pharma?
- What is the Difference between assay, potency and purity?
- What is Phase 0 clinical trial in pharma?
- What is Phase 1 clinical trial in pharma?
Refer YT Channel: Pharmabeejpro