Operation And Calibration Of Water Bath
Working/Operating Procedure of water bath:
- Ensure the sufficient amount of water available in the water bath.
- Ensure that the instrument is properly connected to power supply.
- The control panel should be with features such as; Microprocessor based PID controller, illumination bulb for controller action indicator, main switch with corresponding bulb, on/off switch for booster heater.
- Swatch on the main switch.
- Upon switch on the main switch, the temperature controller will indicate temperature in the digital indicator.
- Turn to the set temperature controller.
- Measured value (PV) Display (Red). (Displays PV or various parameters symbols)
- Set Value (SV) Display (Green). (Displays SV or various parameters set value).
- Indication lamps. (Control output lamps [Out, Off]
(Red) Out: light when output is turned on.
(Red) Off: light when output is turned off.
- Set key used for parameters called up and set value registration.
- Down key decrease numbers.
- Up key increase numbers.
- Set required temperature by keys provided in the display to increase and decrease the temperature.
- Bottom display will show set temperature and the top display will show the actual temperature.
- When temperature need to be increase or quick heating required, switch on booster heater.
Performance Verification of water bath:
- Performance verification of water bath sensor temperature control shall be done by engineering department or external agency.
- The temperature controller calibration should be performed at 30°C, 40°C, 50°C, 60°C and 90° C.
The observed temperature shall be +/- 2°C from set value.
Once in a year and recommended by service engineer after any maintenance job
Operation And Calibration Of Water Bath:
Temperature calibration of water bath:
Set the temperature to 35°C and press the start key, allow the water bath to stabilize simultaneously keep the calibrated digital thermometer in the unit and record the temperature after stabilization.
Repeat the same procedure for 40°C, 60°C and 85°C and record the observations.
The observed temperature shall be within +/- 2°C from the set temperature.
Once in a year and recommended by service engineer after any maintenance job.
Operation and calibration of water bath is important to maintain the functionality of the instrument.
For interview preparation refer
YT channel: Pharmabeej