Operation And Calibration Of Muffle Furnace in pharma:
To lay down a procedure for operation and calibration of muffle furnace.
The standard operating procedure covers the operation and calibration of muffle furnace and is applicable to the quality control department.
Analyst: Operation of the equipment.
Supervisor: For the implementation of the procedure
Head QC/Designee: For compliance with the procedure
Operating Procedure of Muffle Furnace:
- Ensure that the equipment in properly connected to the power supply.
- Switch ‘ON’ the equipment, the controller first displays the cotroller type and version number and then the temperature shall be displayed.
- Set the temperature.
- Press the temperature arrow key and set the temperature reaching time with the help of the numerical keys.
- Press the temperature arrow key and set the desired temperature with the help of the numerical keys.
- Press the temperature arrow key and set the temperature stable time with the help of the numerical keys. Then press the save button to save the above parameters.
- To start or stop the program, press and hold the ‘Start/Stop’ key as required.
- The LED display at ‘Wait’ indicates the waiting time to reach the set temperature timings.
Calibration of Muffle Furnace:
- Place one number of calibrated PT 100 probe/calibrated thermometer probe inside the muffle furnace, nearer to inbuilt sensor.
- Verify that the tips of the probes do not touch any surface.
- Operate the muffle furnace as mentioned operating procedure above by keeping the set temperature 200°C.
- After stabilizing, record the temperature at an interval of 5 minutes for total of 30 minutes time period.
- Similarly check the performance verification at 600°C and 1200°C for 30 minutes. ( or as per temperature limit of muffle furnace).
- Observe the minimum and maximum temperatures throughout the studt and record the difference between the readings.
- After verification, the certificate shall be filed securely and the performance verification tag shall be put on the equipment.
- The set temperature 200°C shall be +/- 5°C.
- The set temperature 600°C shall be +/- 10°C.
- The set temperature 1200°C shall be +/- 25°C.
Calibration Frequency of muffle furnace:
Once in six months and as recommended by the service engineer after maintenance job.
This is about to the operation and calibration of muffle furnace.
For interview preparation refer
YT channel: Pharmabeej