How To Prepare 0.1M NaOH Solution or 0.1 M Sodium Hydroxide
Before starting how to prepare 0.1M NaOH solution, first of all need to understand, what is Molar Solution?
What is Molar Solution?: The no. of moles of solute dissolved to make 1L of solution.
There are two ways to prepare 0.1M Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) solution.
- Preparation of 0.1M Solution by using sodium hydroxide pellets.
- Dilute the solution from 1.0 M solution
Procedure for Preparation of 0.1M NaOH Solution by using sodium hydroxide pellets
- Take dry and cleaned 1000ml volumetric flask.
- Add into it 4 grams or 4.2 grams of sodium hydroxide pellets.
- Add 100ml of distilled water and shake the flask to dissolved the sodium hydroxide pellets.
- Allow to cool the solution at room temperature. (Solution will be hot after addition of water)
- Make-up the volume upto the 1000ml with distilled water and mixed the solution thoroughly.
- Keep the solution for an hour to cool at room temperature.
Procedure for Preparation of 0.1M NaOH Solution from 1M NaOH
0.1M NaOH solution is 10 times less concentrated than 1M NaOH solution.
- Take a 1000ml dry and cleaned volumetric flask.
- Transfer 10ml of 1M NaOH solution into 1000ml volumetric flask.
- Make up the volume upto 1000ml with distilled water and mixed well.
These are the two ways for how to prepare 0.1M NaOH solution. But to get exact Molarity of the solution, titration need to perform.
I hope you understand how to prepare 0.1M NaOH solution.
For Interview Preparation: Interview Q&A
YT channel: Pharmabeej