How to prepare 0.01 N Hcl Solution:
Here is the calculation for the required quantity of HCl for the preparation of 0.01N hydrochloric acid.
Weight of HCl (In gm) = Normality x Equivalent weight x Required quantity
Here, Normality = 0.01 N
Equivalent weight of HCl = 36.5 g/mol
Required Qty = 1000 ml = 1 L
Weight of HCl (in gm) = 0.01 x 36.5 x 1 = 0.365 gm
Preparation of 0.01 N Hcl Solution:
- Carefully weigh the 0.365 gm of HCl.
- Transfer the weighed quantity of Hcl into 1000 ml of volumetric flask.
- Dilute to volume with water.
The pH for the solution should be around 2.0
By using the same formula you can calculate the required quantity of HCl for any dilutions.
How to prepare 0.01 N Hcl Solution
- How to prepare 0.1N HCl in pharma?
- Preparation and standardization of 1N NaOH as per USP
- Preparation of 1N Ethanolic Potassium Hydroxide (KOH)
- Preparation of 0.1M Lead Nitrate In Pharma
- Understand 14 ICH guidelines in short
- Dissolution calibration in pharma
- How to do UV Calibration As Per USP In Pharma?
- Karl Fischer Titration Interview Question and Answer
- FAQ on FDA’s Data Integrity
- QA Interview Q&A
Refer to Yt Channel: Pharmabeejpro