Development of iodine chamber is a technique for getting a good results for Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC). Lets understand how to develop iodine chamber for TLC.
How to develop iodine chamber for tLC in pharma
A chamber assembled and develop as follows:
- Take a wide mouth jar with lid.
- Add few crystals of iodine into the chamber and cover it with lid.
- Keep the chamber for iodine vapor saturation.
- Insert the TLC plate into the chamber.
- Allow the plate to remain within the chamber until brown color develops on entire TLC plate.
- Carefully remove the TLC plate from the iodine chamber.
- Immediately transfer the developed TLC plate into TLC visualizer for identification of spots. (Iodine will not remain on the TLC plate for longer period of time)
For interview preparation refer:
YT channel: Pharmabeej