Dusa shaker instrument is used in the analysis of Metered Dose Inhaler (MDI). The instrument which is used in the pharmaceutical industry should be calibrated to get proper and consistent results.
The calibration of DUSA shaker parameters and procedure is given below.
Calibration of DUSA shaker in pharmaceutical industry:
DUSA instrument is calibrated for the three parameters;
- Lateral (Linear) shake Frequency
- Roller and DUSA speed
Parameter 1: Timer calibration
- Use a certified calibrated stopwatch to check the correct run time.
- Prepare the timer having a test time of 10 Minutes.
- Start the test run and stop watch simultaneously.
- Stop the time simultaneously when the timer stop.
Acceptance Criteria: +/- 10% or 60 secs.
Parameter 2: Lateral (Linear) Shake Frequency
- Set the lateral shake to 50, 100, 150 or 200 shakes/min.
- Place a reflector mark on the front of the platform.
- Prepare the instrument to run the test, for 5 minutes.
- Start the instrument and wait until it reaches full speed.
- Check the speed by using certified tachometer for about 30 seconds.
Acceptance Criteria: +/- 4 % cycles per minute.
Parameter 3: Roller and DUSA speed
- Place the reflector mark on the first roller at the front of the instrument.
- Set the lateral shake to Zero.
- Prepoare the instrument to run a test for 10 minutes.
- Start the instrument and wait until it reaches to the full speed. i.e. 30 rpm.
- Check the speed by using certified tachometer for about 30 sec.
Acceptance Criteria: +/- 1% rpm of the set time.
Once in a year and as recommended by the service engineer after maintenance job.
Calibration Of DUSA Shaker in pharma.
For interview preparation refer
YT channel: Pharmabeej